I.33: How to Effectively Control the Center and What is the Sieging Concept
Part One: Proper Body Mechanic
- Stability and orientation of the upper torso and shoulder for stronger pressure in the center.
- Aligning the feet to have more pressure in the center.
- How to gain the center line with minimal upper body rotation.
- How to rebind over your opponent blade effectively.
Part Two: Strategy and Positioning
- Proper mentality and preparation before engagement with a siege. Why we are using the siege.
- First sieging with the half-shield. How a proper sieging gives you an advantage before the engagement.
- A proper sieging is done, but opponent succeed to defend. How the unsuccessful siege still gives you an advantage.
- The opponent has the center, how to safely give it to take it back right after.
Experience required: moderate to advanced.
Gear required: a sword and a buckler, protective equipment is recommended but not required.
Location: 3 (Main Field, Lanes 5&6)
Date: September 30, 2018
Time: 10:30 am - 12:00 pm